HKUST Business School
The HKUST Business School is young, dynamic and very well respected for the quality of its programs and the impact of its research. Established 22 years ago in 1991, the HKUST Business School has risen to international prominence in a remarkably short period of time, achieving widespread global recognition and a variety of prestigious academic rankings. We are strategically located at the heart of Asia's economic center. Our students not only enjoy access to a unique fusion of East-meets-West, but also excellent proximity to China and the opportunity to experience the vitality of one of the world's most important economies.
- The School has 6 academic departments offering all-rounded programs to nurture students with different aspirations, including:
- The School established HKUST EMBA Program which aims to nurture senior executives and entrepreneurs in Asia and the Greater China in the context of globalization.
- 3 Master of Business Administration programs (MBA) (Full-time MBA, Part-time MBA and Part-time MBA Shenzhen). The Full-time MBA has been ranked No.1 in the world for 4 straight years by «Financial Times».
- 8 Master of Science programs, including Global Finance, Financial Analysis, Accounting, Economics, Global Operations, Information Systems Management, International Management and Investment Management. These MSc programs are determined to nurture business leaders from various professions.
- 12 undergraduate majors, forming a total of more than 3,000 undergraduates from 35 countries. Our extensive network includes around 120 global exchange partners, spanning 27 territories, providing a platform for undergraduate students to immerse themselves in the modern Asian and global business environment.
- The School has strategically partnered with leading business schools around the world to provide students with unrivalled opportunities for global learning opportunities.
Our partnership programs include:
- Kellogg-HKUST Executive MBA program, in collaboration with the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. It has been ranked the World No.1 for five straight years by «Financial Times».
- Master of Science in Global Finance, in collaboration with New York University's Stern School of Business
- Master of Science in International Management, in collaboration with CEMS - The Global Alliance in Management Education
- World Bachelor in Business, in collaboration with the University of Southern California and Bocconi University
Today the School's alumni community includes more than 18,000 alumni across all business programs. This elite group is made up of more than 30 different nationalities and represents a huge pool of diverse professional expertise and industry connections.
Our reputation in business research derives from the world-class interdisciplinary work produced by our innovative research and professional development centers. This cutting-edge research has been well recognized and continues to inject stimulating ideas. There are 12 research centers in total, including:
- Center for Asian Financial Markets
- Center for Business Data Analysis
- Center for Business Strategy and Innovation
- Center for Economic Development
- Center for Experimental Business Research
- Center for Marketing and Supply Chain Management
- Hang Lung Center for Organizational Research
- Shui On Center for China Business & Management
- Tanoto Center for Asian Family Business and Entrepreneurship Studies
- Thompson Center for Business Case Studies
- Tongyi Industrial Group Center for Electronic Commerce
- Value Partners Center for Investing
The School’s uniquely Asian and global perspectives are grounded in our 140-strong international faculty. Together, these leading thinkers with their diverse national, cultural, ethnic and professional background provide our students with highly stimulating and culturally diverse environment for learning and research. The faculty's doctoral degrees were attained from the below renowned Universities:
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Harvard University
- Indiana University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- New York University
- Ohio State University
- Princeton University
- Purdue University
- Stanford University
- University of British Columbia
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- University of Michigan
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Rochester
- University of Southern California
- University of Texas, Austin
- University of Virginia
- University of Washington
- Yale University
“Strategically located at the southern tip of booming China and at the heart of a rising Asia, HKUST Business School is well-positioned to be a bridge between the East and the West. Launched in 2002, the HKUST EMBA Program is designed to prepare senior executives and entrepreneurs in Greater China and Asia for a globalized world. ”
Professor Kar Yan Tam
Dean of the HKUST Business School
“HKUST EMBA Program aims to transform business leaders holistically with innovative mindsets and global vision. We hope the personal growth of the leaders can eventually drive the advancement of the entire society.”
Prof. Yan Xu
HKUST Business School &
Director, HKUST EMBA Program