Relevant Teaching Experience with Universities:
Professor Hua joined HKUST since 2005. He is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Economics. He has extensive teaching experience in EMBA, MBA and MSc programs in various schools.
EMBA Program: HKUST (Hong Kong)
MBA Programs: Northwestern University (US), HKUST (Hong Kong)
Selected Teaching and Professional Awards:
- “Franklin Award for Teaching Excellence” for MBA elective courses, School of Business and Management, HKUST (2009, 2011)
- “PhD Award for Teaching Excellence”, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University (2005)
Research and Publications:
Professor Hua’s areas of research interest are Contract Theory, Economics of Organizations, Industrial Organization, Law and Economics. Some of his publications are listed as follows:
- “Ex ante Investment, Ex post Remedies, and Product Liability”, with Yongmin Chen, forthcoming at International Economic Review
- “The Right of First Offer,” accepted for publications in International Journal of Industrial Organization.
- "Product Recalls and Liability”, Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, 2011, 27(1): 113-136
- “Strategic Ex-ante Contracts: Rent Extraction and Opportunity Costs." Rand Journal of Economics, 2007, Vol. 38:786-803
- "Information and Externalities in Sequential Litigation." Joint with Kathryn E. Spier, Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics, 2005,161 (2): 215-232.
Prior to joining HKUST, Professor Hua has worked in the Head Branch of Bank of China in 1998-1999.